The new design of
All pages now have the new, professional colours and graphics.
|Friday, 20 June 2003
The underlying ranking mechanism has not changed.
The most popular houses are on top of the first page, with the most
All visitors together determine the stars.
So there must be a bit of collective intelligence in the stars.
Which houses are popular, which are not?
What is the success factor?
See the current top 10 below.It seems to me that the picture has the biggest influence.
- The location, the location and the location as real estate experts say?
- The combination of location, price and description?
Visitors seems to care less about price, location and description.
- A recent photo seems to work best, showing that the house only recently got for sale.
- Showing the house bathed in sunshine.
The top 10 shows hardly any properties on a cloudy day.
- A clear picture, even when shrinked to a 80x60
- without noise in the foreground, no trees, bushes, or parked cars.
The past week the subscribers on huizentoppers got tools that answer such questions.
They can use the tools for a competitor analysis.
I won't wait to see the results of that analysis.
Later today I leave for Stockholm to join a mid summer night party.
- Which of the houses in one's portfolio are popular, which need adjustment?
- Which properties compete for attention, using what kind of pictures, location and price?
- How long do visitors view a house?
The next few nights I'll sleep in the category
with just one bedroom and without description.
It is a tent, small enough to fit into my backpack.
It does not have an online photo.
And it does not have to.
The tent is not for sale.
The upcoming days I'll stay far away from analysis.
Till next nut,