|Monday, 20th June 2005
Wide means luxury, wide means comfort.
- Most business cards are in landscape.
- Business envelopes are horizontal.
- Open a newspaper or magazine and it will more wide than high.
- A cinema screen has extra width.
- A wide screen laptop is pleasant to work with.
- A keyboard is wide, not deep.
- Buddha's are wide, not long.
- 1st class chairs are wider than those in second class.
- A wide sofa is more comfortable than a high bar stool.
Why is wide so comfortable?
|Because our eyes are next to each other?
||Because our arms have an enormous reach?
||Because it is easier to walk left and ride than to climb up?
I don't know.
It is just the way.
Wide is pleasant.
Wide is luxurious.
Now, why are most sheets of paper printed in portrait, not in landscape?
Thesis: luxurious, business correspondence should be printed in landscape from now on.
Till next nut,
Special thanks to Gerben Nooyen for his inspiring words