SUMit's roster generator creates an excellent roster, complying to your business rules,
a tailor made solution
tuned to your unique situation.
The underlying SUMit expert system technology balances your business rules with great detail.
This advanced planning software easily copes with:
SUMit's expert system technology can balance many business rules.
An employee must have sufficient experience
and be well rested.
SUMit tailors these diagrams for you.
A lot of computer systems think only in terms of black and white.
SUMit's roster planning software thinks more like a human planner, in shades of good and bad.
- Every criterion has a tailormade definition, expressed in the user's language.
In the diagram you see an example of such a definition.
- The definitions can grow as complex as necessary.
Every rule can consist of sub rules, which also decompose into sub rules, etceteras.
- A roster program can easily balance all kind of criteria, no matter how complex your business rules are.
The system computes
with school-like grades,
where each possible combination of employee-task gets a score on a scale from 1 to 10.
an employee scores for the night shift just a bit lower (9.26) than for the evening shift (9.88).
A duty roster is full of conflicting interests:
SUMit's rule based roster software
- The company wishes to have sufficient manpower on duty.
An employee wishes to take the leave that he is entitled to.
- Experienced employees are best for some tasks, but inexperienced employees must have the opportunity to learn.
- Most employees are reluctant to run standby duties, yet every evening requires a standby staff member.
Business rules change.
In a SUMit roster system rules adapt easily to your changing business,
before and after implementation.
Different rules lead to different behaviour, another roster.
- balances these interests
- processes them into a weighted average
(score or school-grade)
- and searches a good overall solution.
SUMit can extend the system fast and easily.
To add an extra business rule takes only
a day or two.
This allows you to adapt fast to
Read how Royal Dutch Airlines gained a huge competitive advantage
with flexible business rules.
- changing business markets,
- new procedures,
- or special agreements with your customers.