How to create a good, repeating roster with:
with these questions.
Being a manager he is responsible for the roster of his
± 50 employees at
a large petrol station between Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- a variable need for manpower:
three shifts on quiet days and four shifts during peak days?
I have tried to use an Excel roster
to satisfy my requirements.
requires a genius
and many days of sweat.
I think it is impossible.
- with staff for all shifts?
- complying with labour laws?
- with sufficient days off for staff, preferably adjacent?
- a pleasant rhythm between shifts?
- a salary based on 45 hours per week?
- and with a budget that is too small to pay for
the price of
a tailormade roster software program?
Well, who am I to disagree with him?
His requirements are indeed hard to solve without
artificial intelligence software.
But hard does not mean impossible.
I just can't let go of such a nice, impossible puzzle.
It is a nice challenge to find a solution and gain the honourable title of
Solution: Roster Scheduling Method
Francois has received a solution from me:
a low-budget do-it-yourself method to schedule a roster using a Excel spreadsheet.
Francois is now a happy SUMit customer.
Order the on-line roster method now
Read more about the SUMit roster design training.